Wednesday 29 June 2011

New Plants for production

I am looking to cultivate the following plants for the coming season and hope that it will do well.



Myriophyllum Sp ( from Roraima) I cannot remember when I got this plant but I can remember that I got it from Michael in Hong Kong. I have had this plant on my farm for nearly two year and it is only recently that I have got the time to spend time on studying and cultivating this plant. I hope to be able to sell this plant in Oct 2011, keeping my fingers crossed.

I just took a closer look at the plant at the farm today and realized that I might have named the plant by mistake. I am currently looking for the correct name in the plant books that I have, hope to be able to confirm the name soon. it would be great if I can get some help.


 I hope the new photos will explain why I ma having doubts about the name of the plant. Hope that someone can help me correctly identify the plant. Maybe it is time to bring in the experts, will update once I have the name.



Rotala Sp Ceylon. I only got this plant this year and as usual, I left it growing on its own and quite happily forgotten about it til my foreman pointed it out to me and asked for it's name, I  could not remember the name and so it was time to submerse the plant fro me to identify the plant. It took a couple of weeks before it showed its beauty underwater and from then on, I decided that w will cultivate this plant for sale in the coming months. I am also hoping for this to go on sale in Oct. 2011.
Myriophyllum Mattogrossense Koehne. I have always liked this plant ever since I came across it. I have been told that it is will be mistaken for the normal Myriophyllum and that customers will not take to it, I hope to prove them wrong and so,once again I will be cultivating this and I hope to be able to sell and promote it to the customers. I will be able to supply this plant in the next couple of weeks.

I will update more as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment